Auto Accident Statistics
Shocking Statistics That'll Cause You To Think Twice About Grabbing Your Phone
The numbers illustrating the dangers of cell phone use while operating tend to be downright startling. Actually, at any given time through the day, more or less 660, 000 motorists are attempting to make use of their particular phones while behind the wheel of a car.
Smart phones have made it simple for people to stay linked all of the time. But that can present really serious security dangers if some body chooses to always check his / her texts, email messages, calls, or just about any other cellular programs while driving.
Mobile distraction rates are alarmingly high. Hopefully with a little information, you are going to make the right choice when you are traveling.
General Mobile Phone Statistics
Note: These are the newest data available
- The National Safety Council states that cell phone use while operating contributes to 1.6 million crashes every year.
- Nearly 330, 000 accidents take place every year from accidents due to texting while operating.
- 1 from every 4 car accidents in the usa is caused by texting and driving.
- Texting while operating is 6x almost certainly going to trigger a major accident than operating drunk.
- Answering a text takes away your interest for approximately five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that is enough time traveling the size of a football industry.
- Texting while driving factors a 400per cent increase in time spent with eyes off the roadway.
- Of all of the mobile related tasks, texting is by far the essential dangerous activity.
- 94percent of motorists support a ban on texting while operating.
- 74per cent of drivers support a ban on hand-held mobile usage.
Teen Driver Mobile Phone Statistics
- 11 teens die each and every day due to texting while operating.
- Based on a AAA poll, 94percent of child motorists acknowledge the risks of texting and driving, but 35per cent accepted to doing it anyway.
- 21percent of teenager drivers associated with fatal accidents were sidetracked by their mobile phones.
- Teen motorists tend to be 4x much more likely than adults to get into car crashes or near-crashes when chatting or texting on a cellular phone.
- A teen motorist with only 1 additional passenger doubles the risk of engaging in a deadly car accident. With two or more people, they truly are 5x as most likely.
2013 U.S. Cellphone and Driving Statistics
- In 2013, 3, 154 people were killed in distraction-related crashes.
- About 424, 000 people were injured in crashes concerning a distracted motorist.
- In 2013, 10per cent of all of the drivers many years 15 to 19 associated with fatal accidents had been reported is distracted during the time of the crash.
2012 U.S. Cellular Phone and Driving Statistics
- In 2012, 3, 328 individuals were killed in distraction-related crashes.
- About 421, 000 everyone was hurt in crashes concerning a distracted motorist.
- In 2012, 11percent of drivers under age 20 associated with deadly accidents had been reported to-be sidetracked during the crash.
- One-fourth of teens respond to one or more text every time they drive and 20% of teens and 10per cent of parents report having multi-text message conversations while driving.
2012 National study on Distracted Driving Attitudes and Behaviors
- Nearly one half (48percent) of motorists acknowledge to responding to their particular cell phones while driving.
- Of the just who responded their particular mobile phones while driving, 58per cent of motorists continued to drive while speaking on phone.
- When you look at the study, 24% of drivers stated that they truly are willing to make a call while driving.
- One in 10 drivers surveyed stated that, at the very least occasionally, they send text messages or email messages while operating.
- Regarding the drivers surveyed, 14per cent stated they read texting or email messages while driving.
- A majority of participants supported laws and regulations that banned chatting on mobiles, texting, or mailing while driving.
2012 Texting Pedestrian Study
Scientists through the University of Washington monitored 20 of Seattle's busiest intersections and noticed the annotated following:
- Pedestrians just who text tend to be 4x less likely to want to look before crossing the road, mix in crosswalks, or follow traffic indicators.
- Additionally they found that texting pedestrians take an average of two moments much longer to get across the road.
Injured By a Texting Driver? E Mail Us These Days
As cell phone usage and driving becomes a nationwide issue, the likelihood of becoming involved with an auto accident with a distracted driver enhance. If you are ever before hurt because of the carelessness of some other driver, contact our lawyer for a totally free assessment.
Net Vehicle Pet Barrier - Fit Cars, Vans, SUV's, and Trucks - Dog Barrier(47 inch width X 34 inch height)
Pet Products (Highland Farms Select)
LED Safety Light (2 Pack + Bonus Snap Band) - Strobe Clip on Strap to Body, Helmet , Bike Post Tail Lights, Dogs collar - for Walking, Running, cycling - High Visibility Reflective Gear Accessory
Sports (Baltic Gear)
Zento Deals Reflective Student Driver Please Be Patient Magnetic Sign
Automotive Parts and Accessories (Zento Deals)
Zone Tech luxury Super White Car Daytime Running Light 6 LED Fog Light, Model: , Car & Vehicle Accessories / Parts
Sports (Zone Tech)
PhoneGuard Drive Safe Software for BlackBerry & Android - Disables Texting & Other Distractions While Driving!